Manufacturing Quality Metal Lockers for all Sectors
The design of metal lockers varies greatly depending on which sector they are required for. For this reason many types of metal lockers are manufactured e.g. Miniminder or charging lockers are frequently used for small items such as mobile phones, whereas workplace and staff lockers are best suited for larger items such as coats and boots. These locker types are popular in the education sector, hotel sector as well as the office and industrial environments.
Supplying Specialised Metal lockers
The more specialised metal lockers eg police lockers, golf lockers, z type lockers and heated lockers are also manufactured in mild steel but differ in design. However, these are required within their own focused areas and have offer significant benefits for the end user. See below photographs of some of the specialised lockers we have supplied.
Why choose metal lockers?
Advantages for choosing metal lockers:
- Metal Lockers are available in many configurations, shapes and sizes ranging from full length lockers to multi-compartment lockers offering storage and security to suit all your needs.
- The formation of metal lockers is from heavy gauge mild steel of press formed channel section. This offers strength and security to the door frame.
- Lockers can be supplied as single units or nested in groups during the manufacturing process.
- Bespoke designs are available designed to suit customer needs.
- A consistent high-quality paint finish is provided through the automated paint plant. An automatic degreasing and phosphating process removed suface contamination giving the base improved adhesion and humidity resistance. The powder is electrostatically applied prior to oven baking at the appropriate temperature.
- All edges have return bends and the front and rear edges drilled for fitting to stand or stands with seat and can be provided with or without adjustable feet.
Metal Lockers for the Education Sector
Why are Metal lockers popular in schools?
2,3 and 4-door lockers are the most preferred configuration. 2-door lockers are most suited for teachers and 3 and 4-door lockers for students. However, this basic configuration is made up from one to six compartments and can be tailored to suit your needs.
Secondary School lockers are similar in design and available in both 1250mm and 1600mm heights. These are specifically designed to suit Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils respectively.
Other choices to compliment your metal lockers:
Laminate doors are optional and provide a strong and secure personal storage system. These door types offer an attractive appearance as well as functionality. Many colour and texture finishes are available in laminate. We offer the choice to include laminate end panels which provide a nice added feature to the overall look of the locker system. These also add to the protection of lockers at extreme ends of a row.
Locks and Numbers:
Quality cam locks or latch locks are standard with the lockers. Coin-operated (collect or refund) and card locks are available as optional extras. A three-point locking system is also available and provides effective and secure latching, allowing locking at three positions.
Locker numbering, number plates, discs, spare keys and locks are all available which you can view in our accessories section.
We offer you the choice of lockers with sloping tops. These avoid student leaving items on top of lockers and maintain a tidy locker area.
Note: When preparing locker room layouts, allow approximately 4 mm extra for each nest for rivet heads at the sides of lockers in each row.
Our Police Lockers are a unique design crafted by Helmsman based on feedback from local constabulary. We designed and built a prototype which was accepted in a double fronted 1775 mm high by 450 mm deep by 700 mm wide locker which contained adjustable shelving, coat hooks and a mirror on the inside of the door. These lockers are suitable for storing riot gear, belts, hats, boots and seasonal clothing.
A riot bag locker is designed to stand either on top or underneath the main locker if required.
Our heated lockers are manufactured to the size and specification you requested with the locker base being perforated to allow warm air to circulate through the lockers.
Single stands will be manufactured to suit the width and depth of the locker and fitted with an electric tube heater underneath.
The locker stands will increase the overall height of the unit by 175mm, giving 150mm clearance from the underside of the frame. Rear legs are inset by 25mm to clear skirting boards etc, and the bottom of each leg is fitted with a plain bung. Locker stands will be cladded to enclose the tube heater.