When designing a leisure locker room, it requires careful consideration of functionality, comfort, and aesthetics to create a space that meets and needs of the members.
Here are 4 tips when designing Leisure locker rooms.
Space planning and Layout
- Efficient Layout: Design a layout that ensures easy movement. Separate areas for changing, and showering which can enhance functionality.
- Suitable Space: Ensure that there is enough space for each user to move comfortably. Avoid overcrowding by providing sufficient rooms between lockers and seating areas.
Locker and Storage Solutions
- Individual lockers: Provide individual Lockers for each member to accommodate their personal belongings.
- Ventilation: Incorporating a ventilation system within the lockers to prevent the smell as well as airflow helps to maintain a fresh environment.
- Secure Storage: installing lockers to secure valuables is important so the customers and employees can feel ensured that their personal items are safe within the lockers.
Comfort and Hygiene
- Shower and Toilets: Ensure an adequate number of showers and toilets. Use low-maintenance, durable materials such as laminate, which are easy to clean and sanitize.
- Seating: Provide seating as it allows customers to sit down and change their shoes rather than having to balance.
- Charging stations: Including charging stations for electronic devices, which can be beneficial for customers if the batteries are low and need their phones when they are leaving.
- Heated lockers: they are ideal for commuters and staff who require their damp clothes to dry before the end of their time in the leisure centres or spas.
Here at Helmsman, we can provide for wet and dry environments, with a variety of products from Lockers, Cubicles, Benches, Vanity Units, and IPS Units. Our products in the Leisure Sectors, they are excellent for environment that has high moisture and chlorine.